The aims and objectives of the Nehru Gram Bharati Society are as under :
- To work for the educational enlistment of the rural and general public irrespective of caste, creed, sex & religion.
- To make the necessary changes in the prevalent educational system in order to cater to the needs of new vocations that are being created increasingly with explosions in the areas of science & technology and to adopt a system in education which would promote and stress on “learning by doing’ inculcated through extension of education and through distance learning mode.
- To impart free education to the poor helpless handicapped and needy children/students to carry out teaching activities at the campus and to award diplomas and degrees at the level of bachelor, master, doctoral & post-doctoral level.
- To carry high quality teaching and research work for the advancement of knowledge and its dissemination through various research programmes undertaken in house by substantial number of full time faculty/research scholars (Ph.Ds and Post-doctoral) in diverse disciplines.
- To carry our extension activities in the area of rural craft (carpentry, smithy, pottery, leather works etc.), agriculture, animal husbandry, fisheries, forestry, floriculture, horticulture etc in order to create employment in the rural sector.
- To organize short term training programs for farmers, farm workers and others in various aspects of agriculture sciences.
- To carry out training programs for the village block and district level officials concerned with agriculture & rural development.
- To carry out extension advisory work through direct as well as through distance mode in villages of U.P. and neighbouring states.
- To do all such other acts and things as may be necessary or desirable to further the objects of the institute.
- And also to establish Nehru Gram Bharati University incorporating Rajiv Gandhi P.G. College with all its institutes including Teacher’s education, special education, rural institute comprising agricultural sciences & allied courses. Rural Engineering and Technology. Rural Business Management comprising MBA & MCA. Women’s Empowerment through Priyadarshini Women’s College, Medical and Para-Medical courses, Mass communication and Journalism, Distance Education and Extension and any other important & vocational/professional courses.
State/Country in keeping with the promise of Late Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru. To provide new opportunity through higher education imparting professional, technical and conventional courses at their door step and enabling them to get employment for honorable living and to motivate to associate actively in nation building. To promote young talents from rural areas of Allahabad and other parts of the country.
The mission objective of the value-based educational system of the Society is to evolve a “complete man”, i.e., a well-rounded person, whose hallmarks are intellectual strength, emotional maturity, truthfulness, general knowledge, aptitude, duties and discharge of obligations, high moral character, simple living, scientific temper, interdisciplinary outlook, and understanding of society. Another distinguishing key factor in the academic environment of the Society is its talented and dedicated members of faculty who indeed make a world of difference by striving earnestly for excellence with relevance. The Society is situated at Jamunipur, a self-contained village well-known for its serene environment, secular establishments like the small scale industries, the educational institutions, the agriculture farm etc. and the activities of its imamates who lead an active, disciplined and cooperative community life, conforming to the high spiritual ideals of their faith. This undoubtedly contributes significantly to the strengthening of the social, moral and spiritual fabric of the educational system of the Society.